Contest Rules and Regulations
DR PEPPER* BATMAN V SUPERMAN “WIN A TRIP TO LOS ANGELES AND A WARNER BROTHERS STUDIO LOT TOUR CONTEST”
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The Dr Pepper* Batman v Superman “Win a Trip to Los Angeles and a Warner Brothers Studio Lot Tour” Contest (the “Contest” or “contest“) commences Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 12:00:01 pm ET and ends Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period“). This contest is sponsored by 7-Eleven Canada, Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor” or “7-Eleven”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The contest is open to legal residents of the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario who are thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry.
Notwithstanding the above, this contest is not open to employees, representatives, agents, officers or directors (or those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of: (i) the Contest Sponsor, Canada Dry Mott’s Inc. and Warner Brothers Entertainment Inc. (the “Prize Suppliers”), its respective divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates; (ii) Contest Sponsor’s or Prize Suppliers’ advertising and promotional agencies, contest suppliers, and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
3. HOW TO ENTER (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY):
(a) ENTRY WITH RETAIL PURCHASE:
Step 1: Download the 7-Eleven APP (the “App”) by texting “APP” to 711247 or by visiting 7rewards.ca or slurpee.ca (NOTE: the App is not compatible for download via mobile devices operating on the BlackBerry® or Windows® mobile operating systems);
Step 3: Once the entrant has completed each of these steps and each time an entrant purchases any size Slurpee®, Slurpee® mug or Slurpee® cup at a participating 7-Eleven location and, during the Contest Period, scans his/her 7-Eleven member ID barcode, he/she will receive one (1) entry in to the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per qualifying purchase. Refills, when purchased in a transaction, will be considered a new purchase.
NOTE: Text messaging fees may apply depending on the entrant’s mobile device carrier and text messaging package. Such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/account holder. Text messaging may not be available in all areas or with all mobile service providers. Entrant must be the person in whose name the mobile device account for the mobile device used to enter the Contest via mobile device is registered (the “Mobile Account Holder”) or have the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder. Entries made via mobile device without the permission of the Mobile Account Holder may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
(b) NO PURCHASE ENTRY: To obtain entries without making a purchase, visit www.slurpee.ca/drpeppercontest and complete the online entry form during the Contest Period, following all online instructions, including agreeing to be bound by the Contest rules. Limit one (1) entry per day during Contest Period per person/e-mail/mobile device account.
Entrants may use only one (1) e-mail address or mobile account to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the entry is not fully completed with all required information or if the entry is not submitted and received during the Contest Period.
Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this contest in accordance with these Contest rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and contest judges with regards to all aspects of this Contest, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entrants and/or entries, which are final and binding (without right of appeal).
There is one (1) prize available to be won in the Contest (the “Grand Prize”), consisting of a trip for two (2) people to Los Angeles, California, USA, including:
– Return economy class airfare for two (2) departing form the major Canadian airport nearest the winner’s home (as selected by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) to Los Angeles, California;
– Two (2) nights’ hotel accommodation (double occupancy) (to be selected by the Contest Sponsor at its discretion);
– Two (2) passes to the Warner Brothers Lot Tour (time/date of tour to be determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion); and
– $1,000 CDN spending money payable by cheque to Grand Prize winner.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on the point of departure. Sample value based on a Toronto, Ontario departure to Los Angeles, California destination is $6,650.00 CDN. No difference between the actual and approximate retail values will be awarded.
Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules during the Contest Period.
Winner must take Grand Prize trip by no later than August 31, 2016.
Shipped prizes shall not be insured and the Released Parties shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
MINORS: In the event that the entrant selected as the potential winner of the Grand Prize is below the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian will also be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question as a pre-condition of the Grand Prize being confirmed and awarded. If a potential winner is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, the Minor must travel with his/her parent or legal guardian and his/her parent or legal guardian will count as his/her travelling companion.
Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred (except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor), exchanged, assigned or refunded. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Grand Prize (or portion thereof) with a prize or prizes of at least equal value (including, without limitation, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, a cash award), in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Grand Prize (or portion thereof).
5. METHOD OF AWARDING GRAND PRIZES
On or about May 6, 2016 at approximately 1:00 pm ET in Surrey, British Columbia, the Grand Prize draw will be held and one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules.
Selected Grand Prize entrant will be contacted by email which matches the online entry form or the address used when creating an account on the 7-Eleven App on or before May 20, 2016 with further information on how to be confirmed as a winner and claim the Grand Prize. If a selected entrant cannot be reached, for whatever reason, by this date, another entrant may be randomly selected (from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules) at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
Before being declared a winner of the Grand Prize, the selected entrant and/or his/her parent or legal guardian (in the case of a selected entrant who is a minor) must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time and complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents, as applicable) within ten (10) days of receipt (the “Prize Claim Date”).
If the potential Grand Prize winner and/or his/her parent or legal guardian cannot be reached/located, fails to reply within ten (10) days following contact by the Contest Sponsor’s representative, is not in compliance with these Contest rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the Grand Prize, cannot travel on the dates scheduled for the Grand Prize, fails to return the Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the Prize Claim Date, or if email or other correspondence between the Contest Sponsor and potential winner (and/or his/her parent or legal guardian) is not responded to or is returned as undeliverable, the Grand Prize may be forfeited by that potential winner and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select another potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules.
Grand Prize will be awarded, subject to these Contest rules, upon receipt of the properly completed and executed Declaration and Release Form, where applicable, and verification of Grand Prize winner.
6. Flights and accommodation must be booked through Contest Sponsor’s promotional agency and must be taken during the dates determined by the Contest Sponsor. Bookings are subject to availability, changes in itinerary and other restrictions. Blackout dates may apply. At the time of booking, winner must provide valid travel documents and visa (if required) for both the prize winner and his/her travelling companion. Bookings are also subject to all rules and regulations of the applicable airline or other carrier. Trips cannot be modified by winner. All bookings are subject to existing availability and are subject to change at the sole discretion of Canada Dry Mott’s Inc. . Actual retail value of Grand Prize may vary depending on winner’s point of departure and airfare fluctuations. The Contest Sponsor shall have no responsibility for trip cancellations, alterations, weather delays, weather cancellations or other changes to the trip itinerary and by accepting the Grand Prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts such risks. The Grand Prize winner and guest will be responsible for all costs related to the Grand Prize including, but not limited to: side trips, departure tax, transportation tax, PST, GST; all other such taxes, ground transportation, travel and health insurance, personal expenses, medical expenses, meals, beverages, gratuities, gift shop purchases, phone calls and all other expenses and travel requirements not specifically described above as being included in the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner may be required by the airline or hotel to provide an accepted and valid credit card to cover incidental charges (including but not limited to: telephone charges, special purchases, etc.). The Grand Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and must each have valid travel documents and identification. Necessary travel documents are solely the responsibility of the winner and his/her travelling companion. In order to be entitled to accompany the winner on the trip, the winner’s guest must sign and return the Contest Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents reasonably required by the Contest Sponsor) by the date indicated on the form. Contest Sponsor is not responsible in the event winner and/or travel companion are refused entry into destination country or re-entry into their Province of residence for whatever reason. The Contest Sponsor does not assume responsibility should any portion of the Grand Prize be cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled for any reason beyond its control. If for any reason an event included as part of the Grand Prize does not occur, that portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited without additional compensation and the remainder of the Grand Prize will be awarded.
7. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize as stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail value is stated by the Contest Sponsor and the date the Grand Prize is awarded or redeemed. If, at the time the Grand Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Grand Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale, television and print advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules, the prize winner will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
8. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or the judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this contest and entrant agrees to abide by the Contest rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or judges shall prevail.
9. Unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the contest based on the circumstances, no communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Once Grand Prize winner has been verified and confirmed, the Grand Prize winner’s name will be posted at www.slurpee.ca.
10. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is late, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. The Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any Internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Released Parties are not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this contest and reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
11. In the event, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Contest rules, prizes will stop being awarded when the Contest Sponsor becomes aware of an error respecting the number of prizes and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised prizes. In no event will the Released Parties be liable for more than the stated number of prizes contained in these official Contest rules.
12. The Released Parties accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded prizes or the contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest or any prize (or a portion thereof) won. The Prize Suppliers are the suppliers of their respective portion of the Grand Prize, but are not responsible for the conduct or administration of the Contest.
13. Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Released Parties will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the contest website or any transmission in connection with the contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. If the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
14. Where applicable and in the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entry to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry or Mobile Account Holder. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that he/she (i) is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the selected entry; (ii) is the Mobile Account Holder; or (iii) has the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder to enter.
15. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual from the contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or where applicable, the contest website; to be acting in violation of the Contest rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor’s agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. By entering this contest, you consent to the Contest Parties’ use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this contest.
18. This contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
19. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
20. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the contest as contemplated in these Contest rules, or for any other reason.
21. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes
BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE and all related characters and elements © & TM DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.