7-Eleven Canada Official Rules and Regulations
“WIN 1 of 7 CONCERTS, TO 7 CITIES, IN THE 7REWARDS SUMMER SOUNDTRACK” CONTEST
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The “7 Trips to 7 Cities with 7Rewards” Contest (the “Contest” or “contest“) commences Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 12:00:01 am PT and ends Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 11:59:59 pm PT (the “Contest Period“). This contest is brought to you exclusively by 7-Eleven Canada, Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The contest is open to legal residents of the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario who are sixteen (16) years or older at the time of entry.
Notwithstanding the above, this contest is not open to employees, representatives, agents, officers or directors (or those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of: (i) the Contest Sponsors, their respective divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates; (ii) Contest Sponsors’ advertising and promotional agencies, contest supplier, prize supplier, and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
3. HOW TO ENTER (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY):
(a) ENTRY WITH RETAIL PURCHASE:
Step 1: Download the 7-Eleven APP (the “App”) by texting “APP” or “Rewards” to the mobile number 711247 or by visiting 7rewards.ca (NOTE: the App is not compatible for download via mobile devices operating on the BlackBerry® or Windows® mobile operating systems); if the entrant has a member ID barcode go to Step 3 and skip Step 2.
Step 2: Following all instructions provided via the App, create an account to obtain a scanable member ID barcode;
Step 3: Once the entrant has completed these steps, upon each transaction made at a participating 7-Eleven location, and scans his/her 7-Eleven member ID barcode, he/she will receive one (1) entry in to the Contest. In addition, each scan that includes the purchase of a participating product listed here and according to the schedule will receive one (1) additional entry per any qualifying product. See list of qualifying products at 7rewards.ca
NOTE: Text messaging fees may apply depending on the entrant’s mobile device carrier and text messaging package. Such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/account holder. Text messaging may not be available in all areas or with all mobile service providers. Entrant must be the person in whose name the mobile device account for the mobile device used to enter the Contest via mobile device is registered (the “Mobile Account Holder”) or have the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder. Entries made via mobile device without the permission of the Mobile Account Holder may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
(b) NO PURCHASE ENTRY: To obtain entries without making a purchase, visit https://www.slurpee.ca/slurpee-summer-soundtrack/no-purchase-necessary-entry/ and complete the online entry form, following all online instructions including agreeing to be bound by the Official Contest rules. Limit one (1) entry every seven (7) days, during the contest period per person/e-mail/mobile device account (you must complete in full a new online entry each contest period to be valid).
Entrants may use only one (1) e-mail address or mobile account to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsors) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors) the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period.
Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsors deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this contest in accordance with these Contest rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsors within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsors may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors and contest judges with regards to all aspects of this Contest, which are final and binding (without right of appeal).
4. GRAND PRIZES
There are seven (7) Concert Travel Prize trips for two (2) to a destination in North America, excluding Hawaii and Mexico, whereby there is a corresponding pair of concert tickets provided by Live Nation and available to be won (each, a “Prize”). Each Concert Travel Prize consists of:
- Return economy class round trip airfare for two (2) persons departing from the major international Canadian airport closest to the winner’s place of residence to the major airport nearest the Prize destination. Destination of the trip must correspond with the selected participating Live Nation concert. Hotel accommodation with 1 room (Double Occupancy). Desired dates of travel will be subject to availability, and blackout dates will apply.
- One-thousand dollars /$1000 Canadian spending money provided as a pre-paid cash card.
- Two (2) tickets to winners’ choice of a Live Nation select participating produced and promoted concert in Canada or the United States where Live Nation produces and promotes concerts, subject to availability. Potential winners will be provided with a list of participating Live Nation concerts to select from.
- Live Nation Canada Inc concert tickets must be selected by each confirmed winner at least thirty (30 days) prior to the concert date and no later than October 31, 2016.
- Approximate retail value of each Concert Travel Prize is $4000.00 Canadian.
- Total Concert Travel prizes valued at $28,000 Canadian.
- No difference between the actual and approximate retail values will be awarded. Choice of flights, airline(s), hotel accommodations without limitation, hotel room size and occupancy are at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors. Prize must be accepted as outlined in rules and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash. Substitutions not allowed.
- Travel must be complete on or before April 30, 2017.
There are one-hundred (100) Canadian Concert Ticket Prizes for two (2) available to be won:
- One (1) random winner will be selected daily beginning May 24, through to August 31, 2016 to win two (2) tickets to a winner’s choice of a select participating Live Nation producted and promoted concert in Canada (participating concerts may be found at www.lnalliances.ca/7Rewards), subject to availability . Prize includes event tickets only.
- Live Nation concert tickets must be selected by each confirmed winner on or before October 31, 2016.
- Approximate retail value of two (2) Live Nation concert tickets is $ 500.00 Canadian dollars.
For all tickets: Selection of concert seat locations is solely within Live Nation’s discretion. Tickets to a particular concert are not guaranteed. Tickets are subject to program availability, venue capacity, and age and artist restrictions. Winners and guests must abide by all venue policies. Parking, travel and accommodations, unless otherwise stated, are not included and are the sole responsibility of winner and guest. Live Nation reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner or winner’s guest who it and/or venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, and/or may bring Live Nation into disrepute. Resale of tickets is prohibited.
All winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries.
All eligible contest entries are valid for the entire contest period of May 3, 2016 to August 31, 2016.
5. METHOD OF AWARDING PRIZES
AWARDING GRAND PRIZES: Throughout the Contest Period, there will be seven (7) random draws conducted, in Surrey, British Columbia based upon the following schedule. At such time, seven (7) potential prize winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules for a Concert Travel Package.
AWARDING DAILY PRIZES: During the contest, there will be one (1) random daily draw for two (2) tickets to a Live Nation concert in Canada. First daily draw will take place on May 27, 2016, at 11:00 am PT and ends on August 31, 2016. Draw will take place in Surrey, BC, from among all eligible entries received from the start of the contest May 3, 2016 to 11:59 pm, up to and including the day prior to the first draw May 19, 2016, and daily thereafter for the remaining contest duration.
Odds of winning any Prize depend on the number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules during the Contest Period.
7 Concert Travel Prize Schedule
Entry Period Start Date
Start Time (PT)
Entry Period End Date
End Time (PT)
Contest Period Draw Date
|1: Concert/Travel Package||May 3||12:00:01 AM||May 24||11:59:59PM||May 27, 2016|
|2: Concert/Travel Package||May 25||12:00:01 AM||June 10||11:59:59PM||June 14, 2016|
|3: Concert/Travel Package||June 11||12:00:01 AM||June 30||11:59:59PM||July 5, 2016|
|4: Concert/Travel Package||July 1||12:00:01 AM||July 15||11:59:59PM||July 18, 2016|
|5: Concert/Travel Package||July 16||12:00:01 AM||July 31||11:59:59PM||August 3, 2016|
|6: Concert/Travel Package||August 1||12:00:01 AM||August 15||11:59:59PM||August 17, 2016|
|7: Concert/Travel Package||August 16||12:00:01 AM||August 31||11:59:59PM||September 2, 2016|
Prize winners and guests must abide by all travel policies. Contest Sponsors reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner or winner’s guest who the Contest Sponsors and/or venue personnel deem may, in their sole and absolute discretion, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, and/or may bring Contest Sponsors into disrepute. Trips awarded must be booked by December 20, 2016 and travel must be complete by April 30, 2017. Travel dates will be determined by the winner and arranged by a third party travel agency. Concert selection must be confirmed by October 31, 2016 with Live Nation. The details, locations, hotel availability and selected details are determined and approved solely by the Contest Sponsors and no alternative travel destinations will be available. Winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in travel and that these risks may be present before, during and after the trip. Winner is responsible for valid ID such as passports and obtaining insurance they deem necessary for travel. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any element of the Prize or for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation, delay, travel or medical insurance or any other travel requirement outside of what is included in the prize listed above. Contest Sponsors are not responsible and will have no liability if the winner and/or his/her guest is for any reason not permitted to travel by the relevant airport authorities or misses a flight or other travel element. An unclaimed and/or unused prize element will remain the property of Contest Sponsors, as applicable.
MINORS: If a potential winner is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, the Minor must travel with his/her parent or legal guardian and his/her parent or legal guardian will count as his/her guest. The guest, including any Minor’s parent or legal guardian, will be required to complete a Declaration and Release Form on behalf of his/her child. Any selected Minor will require that his/her parent or legal guardian correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question as well.
If a potential winner is of the age of majority in his/her province of residence, he/she may select a Minor as his/her guest, however the Minor must be his/her child and/or the selected entrant legal guardian of the said Minor.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, exchanged, assigned or refunded. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any prize or a portion thereof with a prize or prizes of at least equal value (including, without limitation, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors, an alternate trip to an alternate destination based on availability in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize(s) or any portion thereof.
Selected Prize entrants will be contacted by email to the email account created inside the mobile app, or as provided on the no purchase entry form web page, with further information on how to be confirmed as a winner and claim the Prize. If a selected entrant cannot be reached, for whatever reason, of being notified by email within seven (7) days, another entrant may be randomly selected (from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules) at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
Before being declared a winner of a Prize, each selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time and complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents, as applicable) within seven (7) days of receipt (the “Prize Claim Date”).
If a potential Prize winner cannot be reached/located, fails to reply within ten (10) days following contact by the Contest Sponsors representative by email to claim their prize, is not in compliance with these Contest rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the Prize, fails to return all Declaration and Release Forms (and any other documents, as applicable) by the Prize Claim Date, cannot travel for whatever reason before April 30, 2017, or if email or other correspondence between the Contest Sponsors and potential winner is returned as undeliverable, the Prize may be forfeited by that potential winner and the Contest Sponsors reserves the right to randomly select another potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest rules. All selected entrants must confirm travel reservations on or before December 20, 2016.
Prizes will be awarded, subject to these Contest rules, upon receipt of the properly completed and executed Declaration and Release Forms, where applicable, and verification of Prize winner.
For each Prize, bookings are subject to availability, changes in itinerary and other restrictions. Blackout dates may apply. For Grand prizes, at the time of booking, winner must provide valid travel documents for both the prize winner and his/her travelling guest. Bookings are also subject to all rules and regulations of the applicable airline or other carrier. Prize must be booked through Contest Sponsors promotional travel agency. Prize cannot be modified by winner. All bookings are subject to existing availability and are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors. The Contest Sponsors shall have no responsibility for trip cancellations, alterations, weather delays, weather cancellations or other changes to the trip itinerary and by accepting the Prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts such risks. The Prize winner and his/her guest will be responsible for all costs and expenses not specifically stated above as included in the Prize including, but not limited to, transfer between airports to travel destinations and hotel, side trips, ground transportation (other than what has been outlined in the Prize description), travel and health insurance, personal expenses, medical expenses, meals, beverages, gratuities, gift shop purchases, phone calls and all other expenses and travel requirements not specifically described above as being included in the Prize. In the event a prize winner (s) requires specialized services due to a disability, the winner will be directed to the Service Provider for support. Prize winner assumes ALL liabilities. In no event shall the Contest Sponsor, Prize Supplier or Live Nation (collectively the “Released Parties”) be liable for any indirect or punitive incidental, special consequential or injury resulting from, before, during or after travel. The Prize winner or his/her parent or legal guardian if the winner is a minor will be required by the airline or hotel to provide an accepted and valid credit card to cover incidental charges (including but not limited to: telephone charges, special purchases, etc.). The Prize winner and his/her travelling guest must travel on the same itinerary and must each have valid travel documents and identification. Necessary travel documents are solely the responsibility of the winner and his/her travelling guest. In order to be entitled to accompany the winner on the Prize trip, the winner’s guest or his/her parent or legal guardian should the guest be a minor in his/her province of residence must sign and return the Contest Sponsors Declaration and Release Form by the timeframe indicated on the form. The Released Parties are not responsible in the event winner and/or travel guest are refused entry into destination city or re-entry into their Province of residence for whatever reason. The Released Parties do not assume responsibility should any portion of the Prize trip be cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled for any reason beyond its control. If, for any reason, an event included as part of the Prize does not occur, that portion of the Prize will be forfeited without additional compensation and the remainder of the Prize will be awarded.
7. The approximate retail value of the Prize as stated by the Contest Sponsors in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail value is stated by the Contest Sponsors and the date the Grand Prizes are awarded or redeemed. If, at the time the Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Contest Sponsors in point of sale, in advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules, the prize winner will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
8. The decisions of the Contest Sponsors and/or the judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this contest and entrant agrees to abide by the Contest rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsors and/or judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsors and/or judges shall prevail.
9. Unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Contest Sponsors for the administration of the contest based on the circumstances, no communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Once Prize winners have been verified and confirmed, the Prize winners’ names will be posted at Facebook.com/7elevencanada and Instagram/7elevencanada accounts
10. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsors. Any entry that is late, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any Internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Released Parties are not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this contest and reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
11. In the event, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Contest rules, prizes will stop being awarded when the Contest Sponsors becomes aware of an error respecting the number of prizes and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised prizes. In no event will the Released Parties be liable for more than the stated number of prizes contained in these official Contest rules.
12. The Released Parties accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded prizes or the contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest or any prize (or a portion thereof) won.
13. Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Released Parties will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the contest website or any transmission in connection with the contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. If the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right at their sole and absolute discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
14. Where applicable and in the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entry to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry or Mobile Account Holder. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsors with proof that he/she (i) is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the selected entry; (ii) is the Mobile Account Holder; or (iii) has the express permission of the Mobile Account Holder to enter.
15. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right at their sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual from the contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsors, if the Contest Sponsors find or believe such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or where applicable, the contest website; to be acting in violation of the Contest rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsors, the Contest Sponsors’ agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. By entering this contest, you consent to the Contest Sponsors use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this contest.
18. This contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
19. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
20. The Contest Sponsors reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the contest as contemplated in these Contest rules, or for any other reason. The Contest Sponsors also reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time.
21. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
22. PepsiCo Canada ULC, Live Nation Canada Inc, Mondelez Canada Inc, Frito-Lay Canada Inc. are solely promotional prize suppliers and are not considered sponsors of this contest.
Live Nation is not a sponsor of this contest and is in no way responsible for the administration of the contest or the verification of winners. All inquiries regarding the contest must be directed to Contest Sponsor 7-Eleven Canada, Inc and not Live Nation.
Live Nation is a registered trademark of Live Nation Worldwide, Inc.